Divorce and child custody disputes can have a devastating impact on you and your family. It is important to work with an Oklahoma divorce and child custody attorney who understands both the legal implications of your case and its impact on you and your loved ones.
An Understanding Oklahoma Divorce and Child Custody Attorney for Difficult Disputes
I provide compassionate, knowledgeable legal representation for divorce, child custody, and related issues throughout the Oklahoma City region. I will help you understand how Oklahoma divorce and child custody law applies to your case and provide you with your options so that you can make informed , well-reasoned decisions for you and your children.
Representation for All Aspects of Divorce
Whether you have agreed on all issues in your divorce, or none of them, I can help with:
- Uncontested divorce: Also called waiver divorce: Using this process, you and your spouse determine the terms of your divorce instead of leaving all the decisions up to a judge. An uncontested divorce is often faster and involves less family tension than a contested divorce, not to mention it usually costs less.
- Contested divorce: If you and your spouse cannot agree on issues such as debt division, property division, custody issues, child support and visitation, I can help you through the process of sorting through your rights and responsibilities, whether by settlement or trial before a judge.
Generally, I work to help clients handle family law matters through negotiation and mediation, but when necessary, I am a willing and able litigator.
Central Oklahoma Child Custody Lawyer
Child custody is one of the most contentious issues in many divorces, but custody disputes also often arise between unmarried parents. Children need a positive and meaningful relationship with both of their parents, and it is in the best interest of the children for parents to work together to resolve custody disputes through negotiation and mediation.
However, not every case can be amicably resolved. If your case requires litigation or trial, I will provide you with experienced representation and guidance that protects your interests, while being mindful of the effect it may have on your child. If your custody case is contested, a judge will consider the best interests of the child and will determine:
- Legal Custody: Who can make legal decisions about your child, you, the other parent, or both of you together (sole versus joint custody)
- Physical Custody and/or Visitation: Who the child primarily lives with, whether you, the other parent, or both of you equally or substantially equally
- Child Support: Which parent, if either, must pay child support to the other.
Regardless of your circumstances, you can rely on me to make sure you are informed about your child custody dispute and to provide you with strong representation in court, or out, that protects your interests.
To schedule an initial consultation regarding your family law matter, call 405-602-8446 or contact me online.